- Select a discussion prompt to answer.
- Restate the question in your response.
- Use only your first name.
- Answer in complete sentences using correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- To what extent are people all the same in this society? How are differences treated?
- Why do you think mirrors were "rare”?
- Why do you think the author uses four paragraphs in the beginning of this chapter to discuss the subject of pale eyes and ends the chapter with the same subject?
- What is a “birthmother”? How is this different from the concept of mothering in our world?
- What does the colorless shade of the tunics and the apple tell you about the people in this book? What do you think happened with the apple?